Parents & Carers at KPMG Australia
KPMG recognises the importance of family and the various caring responsibilities our people have.
We want to support you when you need to support your loved ones. Because, bringing your whole self to work means we understand you have other responsibilities too.
In 2021 we became accredited as a Family Friendly Workplace, recognising the support we offer families and carers through a culture that bridges the work and family divide. Here are some ways we do that:
- 26 weeks flexible paid parental leave regardless of gender - with no tenure-based requirements, this leave can be taken within the first 24 months of the child’s arrival, including adoption, surrogacy, and foster care.
We’ve recently seen a 20 percent increase of men taking parental leave. This market leading policy, and our fathers network helped us win Australia's best workplace for fathers.
- KPMG Fathers Network (KFN) - a group of fathers from across the country aiming to promote the benefits of involved fatherhood to families. The network also focuses on providing practical and hands-on advice for fathers and participates in company policy development.
- Compassionate leave – has been extended for those who experience pregnancy loss and miscarriage. We also support partners, people and their families with domestic violence leave and other initiatives.
- Parents at work partnership - provides support, resources and tools to guide our people through their work-life integration as a parent or carer.
- Elder care referral program – connects people with skilled experts to provide guidance and support for those who are caring for elder family members.
- Flexible work arrangements – our three-hub flexible working policy offers more choice and flexibility for our people, trusting them to make the best decisions as to where they work - whether it be office, home or at a client site.