Treasury is a wide-ranging policy and service agency, driving better – and lasting – outcomes for Queenslanders by:
- Managing Queensland’s finances
- Administering grants and collecting taxes
- Providing economic, statistical and commercial advice to government
- Advocating for strong policy outcomes that support Queenslanders into the future
In mid-2016, Treasury embarked on a major program to improve our performance in delivering on the government’s objectives for jobs, the economy, services, and communities. This program – Agency Excellence – refocussed our business on sharpening our client focus, partnering with our clients and working more collaboratively as one Treasury. Four cultural pillars underpin the Agency Excellence program: collaboration, client-centricity, continuous improvement and collective responsibility
Queensland Treasury's GRADStart program is your opportunity to achieve great things for yourself and for Queensland by working with highly skilled professionals in a diverse and flexible environment.
From the moment you join our team, our focus is on supporting you to reach your full potential. When you perform at your best, Queensland does too.
Queensland Treasury’s GRADStart graduate program is tailored to assist you achieve your career goals.
During the 12-month program, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a variety of training programs, rotate through different work areas, and participate in other activities that will build on your skills and create valuable networks to assist in your career.
Our graduate program offers you:
- A structured 12-month professional and personal development plan, with comprehensive training
- Ongoing career development
- Rotation through different work areas
- Networking opportunities, both internal and external to Treasury
We also offer:
- A starting salary of $58,600 per annum, increased after 12 months, plus up to 12.75% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Flexible work-life balance opportunities, with a 36.25 hour working week
- Salary packaging
As a GRADStart candidate, you will have a drive to succeed, initiative, innovation and great analytical skills. You think strategically, communicate with influence and are great with people.
Treasury is a diverse organisation offering an exciting range of employment opportunities for recent graduates. We welcome applications from all disciplines, particularly:
- Mathematics and statistics
- Public policy
From time to time, we also need people from other specialist fields, so if you want to work with us, please consider applying even if your field of study is outside the core areas listed above.