We are seeking students who are passionate and looking to start their career in Indirect Tax within our dynamic practice.
The BDO life
The BDO Brisbane office has been operating in Queensland for more than 100 years, with 58 Partners and 428 staff providing a full range of audit, tax and advisory services.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2018 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates and vacation students are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
We offer a number of additional benefits to our staff including Social Club and personalised support through our employee assistance program and our corporate wellness program, BWell. Whether its touch football, yoga, breakfast every morning or a networking function, we know how important socialising is to our staff so we ensure you receive plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues.
Our national L&OD programs will give you the best start in transitioning to professional life, and will provide you with the skills and confidence to develop exceptional client relationships and excel in your career.
About our Indirect Tax team
BDO's Indirect Tax practice has established itself as a major player within the local marketplace, advising many of Queensland's leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. We are seeking students who are passionate and looking to start their career in Indirect Tax within our dynamic practice.
For more information on what's it's like working in Indirect Tax and Combining postgraduate study with working at BDO.
Our Indirect Tax Vacation Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop technical expertise across a variety of indirect taxes including GST, fuel tax credit, stamp duty, payroll tax and luxury car tax.
- Learn how to provide advice on cutting edge indirect tax issues to a prestigious client base.
- Develop your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support.
- Be part of a collaborative team environment.
We welcome students who:
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Are currently in their penultimate year of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Business (Accounting), Bachelor of Law or other equivalent or relevant single or dual undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Display solid academic achievement
- Are a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development.
- Consistently strong written and verbal communication skills including thorough legal research skills
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a video interview
- Successful applicants after the video interview will then be invited to attend an assessment centre in the BDO Brisbane office.
How to apply
To submit your application for the BDO Indirect Tax Vacation Program, please click on the Apply Now button below. Applications open on Monday, 30 July 2018 and close 5pm on Friday, 24 August 2018.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!