Find work with purpose. We welcome graduates from all study areas.
Are you ready to grow your potential and gain new skills?
Start your career in the Victorian Government graduate program and find work with purpose. We welcome graduates from all study areas.
The Victorian Government
Victoria is a leader in innovation, progressive social change and infrastructure projects. You can be part of it.
Graduates join us because we offer incredible career opportunities. No other employer has such a diversity of roles. A career with us will lead to work across industries, and throughout metro, regional and rural areas.
Your experience is valued. Whether you're from a city or the country. Whatever your major. No matter your faith or cultural background. Our public service draws on all the available ideas, experience and skills.
How the program works
Complete 3 rotations in different departments over 12-months. You'll contribute to important work and make connections across government. You’ll try various work on different topics. Along the way, you'll develop your talents and find new passions.
What’s in it for you
- Exposure to different government departments/agencies through rotations
- A structured learning and development journey
- Participation in executive mentoring
- A guaranteed position and promotion on successful completion of the program
- Collaboration with a large cohort of like-minded graduates
- Contribution to a variety of exciting initiatives
- Opportunity to learn about the Victorian public service
Who we’re looking for
Our graduates show creativity and curiosity. They’re adaptable and have a drive for continuous learning. They demonstrate emotional intelligence and openness to experience.
Work in a place where you can live our shared values, including integrity, respect and human rights.
You don’t need a minimum GPA. We accept all high potential graduates from all areas of study and locations. To apply, you need to:
- have completed your degree after 2016 or be finishing in 2019; and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or have unrestricted working rights in Australia; and
- not have taken a voluntary redundancy from the Victorian public service in the 3 years up to the program start date.
The application process
- Online application form
- Online assessment
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
- Employment offer
The Aboriginal pathway provides culturally appropriate guidance and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants through the recruitment and selection process. You'll be supported by Aboriginal staff and other experienced professionals during the recruitment process and your VPS career. The Aboriginal pathway is part of the Victorian public sector’s 5-year Aboriginal employment strategy, Barring Djinang.
The Disability pathway provides support for graduates with disability. The pathway can include support with the application process and placements. It can also include support during the graduate year. The Disability pathway is consistent with the Victorian public sector’s Getting to work Disability Employment Action Plan.
Applications are open until 24 March 2019.