The goal of the Sales Internship is to assist in obtaining listings and advertisements from our customers for the publication the student is assigned.
The goal of the Sales Internship is to assist in obtaining listings and advertisements from our customers for the publication the student is assigned. The student will learn about company products and business objectives as well as shadow other members of the department to gain exposure to sales strategies. The student will be responsible for servicing new and existing customer accounts, placing sales orders and maintaining sales records. In these responsibilities, the student will research prospective advertisers, apply different sales techniques and develop advertisements for customers. This position offers exciting opportunities to travel and visit with customers when school is not in session. Business-related travel expenses are paid and travel gives the student more experience in developing sales strategies and techniques.
Work Hours: 20-25 hours per week/Hours available Monday through Friday
- 2nd or 3rd year in Business or other relevant programs preferred
- Ability to gain knowledge of the products and customers of the Agriculture, Heavy Construction Equipment and Trucking industries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and open to change
- Strong computer skills and knowledge
- Stable and progressive work history
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to work independently and communicate within a team environment
- Detail oriented and analytical skills
- Ability to travel by air and ground -- valid driver's license required
How to Apply: Complete online application at www.sandhillspacific.jobs or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org