Applications for our 2019 Cadet Intake are now open!
By choosing Nexia, you can be confident you are getting the support, development opportunities and hands-on experience necessary to build on your studies to kick start a successful career in accounting; all while having fun and building a network of friends.
Our Cadetship experience will provide you with the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients in a variety of industries, gaining valuable exposure to hands on learning while completing your accounting degree. Our team of accounting experts will mentor and provide guidance throughout your career, both technically and socially.
This is a full time position, 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, and your studies will need to fit around your work schedule.
Specifically, some of the tasks that you will be trained in and eventually take ownership of include:
- completing basic to large tax returns;
- completing relevant schedules and working papers;
- calculating capital gains and losses;
- checking and forwarding assessment notices, provisional tax notices and variations;
- processing transactions via the appropriate accounting system;
- completing accounts to review stage, ensuring all balance sheet items are reconciled and an analytical review is performed for profit and loss statements;
- prepare, calculate and reconcile asset registers and depreciation;
- organising company registers;
- taking minutes for directors meetings;
- completing lodgements for all ASIC forms; and
- maintaining good records of bank accounts administered to ensure completeness and accurate management.
This is an entry level role and previous work experience is not required. To be considered for the role you must:
- have completed your year 12 HSC by the end of 2017;
- be currently studying or looking to study towards a degree in commerce or business majoring in accounting;
- be a current Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
In addition, you will:
- be an enthusiastic team player;
- exhibit excellent social and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- be organised and take ownership over your responsibilities;
- have a positive, helpful and solution driven mindset; and
- have excellent attention to detail and a good understanding of numbers.
Nexia represents a network of solutions focused accountancy and consulting firms in Australia and New Zealand supported by global links to Nexia International. We offer a full service accounting solution with experienced partners and an enthusiastic team. The Sydney office is based in Sydney's CBD with 17 partners and 130 staff.
Nexia has an innovative, skilled professional and planning approach where your personal development is a priority within the team environment. We have a strong culture of being Agile, Accessible and Advancing.
Here at Nexia, we are also a very social firm with a wide range of events that fill the social calendar. This includes trivia nights, end of financial year parties and monthly drinks nights. We are also heavily involved in sports and the firm participates in mixed soccer, mixed basketball, City to Surf, corporate triathlons, CAANZ touch football days and firm golf days to name a few.
For more information about us visit our website.
Nexia offers a comprehensive Cadetship, including;
- ½ a day off each week to attend lectures
- Study and examination leave
- Reimbursement for books and university union fees
- Wardrobe allowance
- Regular ongoing training – both internally and externally
- A vibrant atmosphere which balances work, rest and play
We also encourage all our cadets to undertake the CA programme after graduation. Our CA support includes financial assistance and training.