About the Role
In the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, we focus on our clients' strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
As a Graduate, you will be working on client engagements under the supervision of more senior members of the team. You will benefit from on-the-job training, coaching and support in undertaking an appropriate accounting qualification. You will also need to develop a strong knowledge of the legal process, especially with regards to litigation, fraud and compliance issues.
What You'll Do
When you join, you will gain knowledge across a range of activities, this may include:
- Assisting with the trade-on of distressed entities including cashflow management, facilitating the relationships with suppliers and customers and management of the accounting system
- Supporting our teams who are helping boards and management teams to navigate through periods of underperformance or stress
- Assisting with the preparation of creditors meetings
- Attending the client's site to secure the premises, its assets, books and records
- Assisting with conducting investigations into the demise of the Company and compiling reports to ASIC and creditors as to the affairs of the Company
- Liaising with stakeholders in all aspects of the business including regulatory bodies, suppliers, customers and lenders
- Financial modelling to be used in reports such as financial due diligence and business reviews
- Assisting in projects relating to the optimisation of working capital to release additional cash in companies
- Assisting in business transformation strategies of the client including business process and reporting improvements
- Assisting in projects where mandated to act as the selling agent
- Undertaking company and industry research to support business development opportunities
- Attending networking events representing FTI Consulting in front of clients and prospects
How You'll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build their knowledge, working directly with clients across a range of industries. You will receive external and internal and on the job training to develop yourself professionally and personally.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business or Commerce, majoring in Accounting (or university equivalent Degree)
- Enrolment in (or intention to pursue) an Australian or internationally recognised professional qualification in accounting
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Familiarity with internet-based financial research resources for corporate information, exchange filings, competitive data, and other relevant data
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities
- Willingness to travel when requested
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with a strong attention to detail in deadline driven situations.
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia (Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Attractive remuneration
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Medical insurance program (corporate membership) for individual and dependent(s)
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
- Employee Assistance Program ("EAP") – free to all employees and their immediate families
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognised as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.