- BDO (NTH QLD) is the leading full-service accounting, audit, tax and advisory firm in North Queensland, with a team of nine Partners and over 65 staff. We are trusted advisors to our clients and provide a range of services to clients of all types and sizes across various industries.
- As a graduate at BDO, you will be part of a dynamic and inclusive culture that supports your personal and professional development. You’ll gain hands-on experience, working on a variety of exciting clients, and benefit from the guidance of experienced mentors within a supportive and collaborative environment. Not only will you build a strong foundation for a successful career, but you'll be part of a team that's making a real difference in businesses and communities!
- We are beyond excited to share that BDO has been voted as highest-ranking professional services and accounting firm in the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE) Top 75 Graduate Employers and overall has been voted number 15 of 75!
A Career in Business Services or Audit
- We are currently seeking students who are interested in joining our Business Services and Audit teams. Our Graduates are very important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders. For the right candidates, these positions provide strong pathways for career development, as part of our growing firm.
- As a Graduate in Business Services, your career development journey will start within our Business Accounting (Bookkeeping) team helping you to build a strong foundation for career progression within Business Services. You will gain a solid understanding in payroll, superannuation, GST, data entry, financial reporting and ATO deadlines whilst receiving software exposure, training and certification in systems such as MYOB and Xero. Your career development will then progress to developing taxation and business advisory expertise. These skills will be developed through on the job training within our supportive Business Services team environment as well as formal structured learning support.
- As a Graduate in Audit, you will get involved in real client work from the beginning of your career, supported by our experienced team every step of the way. You will spend most of your time at the client’s premises building an understanding of the client’s business, identifying potential risks and analysing information to provide the client and their stakeholders a level of assurance on the financial statements. You will be supported in your career development with a formal structured training program and on the job coaching.
We welcome students who:
- Are in their final year, or have previously completed, a relevant qualification such as a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) or a Bachelor of Commence
- Are eligible for CA/CPA postgraduate study
- Can confidently communicate and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Are a dynamic team player
- Have high levels of attention to detail
- Are professional, organised, proactive and eager to learn
- Possess strong IT skills as well as willing and able to learn new technologies
What we offer you
- A permanent role as part of the BDO (NTH QLD) team
- Regular health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities
- A multitude of learning and development opportunities including funded support for the CAANZ program as well as a paid professional membership
- Free and confidential employee assistance program
- Reward and recognition programs
- Dress for your day policy and MORE!
What to expect when you apply?
- Our recruitment process will ensure you experience an efficient and personalised experience.
- To apply, submit your application with a cover letter, copy of your CV and academic transcript
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application
- Each application will be reviewed individually by our People & Culture team
- Our team will contact you to invite you to the next stages of our recruitment process accordingly
- At the conclusion of the recruitment process, formal offers will be made. We are excited to welcome you to BDO (NTH QLD) and start your career journey.
** Please note: all applications must be submitted online. Applicants will be updated via email or phone as their applications progress.