This role will be involved in providing professional accounting services to a diverse range of international and domestic clients
BDO is the largest mid-market professional service provider globally, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients' needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
The service line works with businesses, international subsidiaries and family groups, advising on accounting and compliance (with a strong tax focus) right through to developing strategies for business growth, acquisitions, divestments and succession. Business Services is driven by close client relationships, personalised attention, and providing value added services.
Wide Client base including:
- Professional services • Engineering
- Property Investors & Developers
- Telecommunications • Construction/Fit-out
- Technology & Software
- Private Equity & Investment
This role will be involved in providing professional accounting services to a diverse range of international and domestic clients, from start up businesses to multi-million dollar international businesses.
The role will expose the successful candidate to numerous clients across a broad range of industries with a strong compliance and specifically tax focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare standard financial statements, and begin to analytically review these to ensure they are consistent with the clients' business;
- Prepare management accounting reports for Manager review;
- Prepare tax statements for all entitles;
- Prepare tax returns for large entities;
- Prepare tax effect accounting journal entries for large entities;
- Prepare Business Activity Statements;
- Quarterly and annual tax compliance matters;
- Demonstrate a basic awareness of tax compliance procedures and use standard letters for tax compliance matters;
- Assist with basic tax planning for clients;
- Prepare clear and concise workpapers as evidence of work performed;
- Maintain accurate timesheets on a regular and timely basis;
- General business administration.
What you will need to succeed
- Graduate degree in Accounting, or Business majoring in Accounting; or
- Undergraduate in the process of completing their degree with 1-2 year experience
- Business Services/Tax experience desirable, however not mandatory.
- Client focused. Strong commitment to quality service and client relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish professional relations with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Ability to multi task and effectively manage individual work flow;
- Self motivated; takes responsibility for personal and professional development;
- Team player; committed to supporting team members;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive approach.
- Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/ Outlook;
- Advanced Professional Solutions APS (desired);
- MYOB (desired);
- Xero (desired);
- SAP (advantageous).
What we can offer you
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
To submit your application please click Apply Now!
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however, we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we'll be in touch.