BDO Business Restructuring provides solutions to clients who predominantly have problems with cashflow or viability or are facing major challenges in the business
The BDO life
The BDO Brisbane office has been operating in Queensland for more than 100 years, with 58 Partners and 428 staff providing a full range of audit, tax and advisory services.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2018 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates and vacation students are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
We offer a number of additional benefits to our staff including Social Club and personalised support through our employee assistance program and our corporate wellness program, BWell. Whether its touch football, yoga, breakfast every morning or a networking function, we know how important socialising is to our staff so we ensure you receive plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues.
Our national L&OD programs will give you the best start in transitioning to professional life, and will provide you with the skills and confidence to develop exceptional client relationships and excel in your career.
About our Business Restructuring (BR) team
BDO Business Restructuring provides solutions to clients who predominantly have problems with cashflow or viability or are facing major challenges in the business, either from the need to fund growth or manage change to the business. Our services include helping companies restructure to improve cashflow and profits or to restructure debt. We also work directly with financiers to assist borrowers expand and acquire new finance or to sell assets to reduce debt. We are one of a few firms on the panel of the 'Big Four' and major Queensland based financial institutions. We also act in times of financial distress and conduct all forms of corporate and personal insolvency engagements, which involves investigating business transactions and achieving recoveries of funds for creditors. We assist clients across all industries and locations in Queensland and Nationally.
The type of engagements undertaken by BR is as wide as the industries we service, and include:
- Advising Board's and Government Departments
- Undertaking Business Reviews and Pre-Lend Engagements for financiers
- Dispute resolution – partnership disputes and settlement negotiations
- Instigating and running complex litigations
- Taking control and selling Going Concern business'
- Completing Strategic and Performance Enhancement engagements
- Formal corporate and personal insolvency engagements such as Receiverships, Liquidations, Voluntary Administrations and Bankruptcy
For more information on How to prepare for a Graduate role or a day in the life of an accountant in Business Restructuring
Our Business Restructuring Vacation Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Get to know our Business Restructuring team and clients
- Obtain hands on experience on a mix of large and SME clients
- Develop your knowledge and skills on all things Business Restructuring
- Receive excellent mentoring and support over your Vacation program period.
We welcome students who:
- Are creative thinkers and 'think outside the box'
- Have strong problem solving skills – focused on practical solution based outcomes
- Demonstrate strong communication skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Enjoy interacting with all types of clients and people
- Are currently in their penultimate year of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Business (Accounting) or other equivalent or relevant single or dual undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Display solid academic achievement
- Are a permanent resident of Australia
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Are a dynamic team player with an innovative approach to work and life
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development.
- Are resilient and empathetic as working in BR can sometimes involve dealing with challenging conversations with creditors or shareholders.
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a video interview
- Successful applicants after the video interview will then be invited to attend an assessment centre in the BDO Brisbane office.
How to apply
To submit your application for the BDO Audit Vacation Program, please click on the Apply Now button below. Applications open on Monday, 30 July 2018 and close 5pm on Friday, 24 August 2018.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!