If you are a university student looking to jump start your career before graduation, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual to join our team in the Melbourne office as a Financial Assistant. The role will suit a current undergraduate that are completing the 2nd year of their degree, and are looking for an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge in real life situations. This position is a full time fixed term role (12 months) and will require the successful candidate to defer their studies for the duration of the contract.
Working in insolvency is an opportunity to develop a range of competencies from the diverse disciplines of: accounting analysis and interpretation, business management, business and asset divestment, commercial law, risk management and litigation. The successful applicant will receive many challenging development opportunities across a wide range of industries varying in scale from sole proprietors to nationally established businesses.
As a Financial Assistant your core responsibilities will be:
- To support the File Accountants with day to day operational tasks and deliverables, while developing an understanding of relevant legislation and regulations relating to insolvency;
- Learning and applying your technical skills, and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision.
What you will bring to the team:
- An ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A willingness to learn and build on current skills and knowledge
- An ability to work with a team to achieve common goals
- Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills
- Proficient in the use of IT systems as our office is paperless
If you are successful in this position, we offer you:
- A supportive and collaborative environment for you to learn and develop the skills you will need to be successful within the business and to build your career
- An opportunity to participate in Worrells tailored learning and development program
- An opportunity to join project teams to assist the business to achieve its strategic vision, whilst developing your own soft skills through your involvement and implementation of the firm's business planning
Disciplines we are recruiting from include Accounting, Business, Commerce, Law or equivalent.
If this sounds like a great career starter for you then please submit your Cover Letter, CV and Academic Transcripts in application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with all documents attached will be considered.
Applications Close 12:00pm Wednesday 8 August 2018.
We will be holding a group information and interview session on Friday 10 August from 3:00-5:00pm.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.