Our GRADStart program is your opportunity to achieve great things for yourself and for Queensland by working with highly skilled professionals in a diverse and flexible environment.
From the moment you join our team, our focus is on supporting you to reach your full potential. When you perform at your best, Queensland does too.
Queensland Treasury is the government's principal source of trusted, impartial and influential advice for the economy and state finances. We drive better – and lasting – outcomes for Queenslanders by:
- managing Queensland's finances
- administering grants and collecting taxes
- providing economic, statistical and commercial advice to government
- advocating for strong policy outcomes that support Queenslanders into the future.
Our GRADStart program is your opportunity to achieve great things for yourself and for Queensland by working with highly skilled professionals in a diverse and flexible environment. We will provide you with comprehensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
You will experience three, four month placements through various areas of the department to broaden your experience and to expose you to the diversity of services that Queensland Treasury is responsible for.
Our graduate development program offers you a range of opportunities and benefits:
- a structured 12-month professional and personal development plan
- comprehensive training
- ongoing career development support
- networking opportunities internal and external to Queensland Treasury.
- a starting salary of $58,600 per annum, increased after 12 months, plus up to 12.75% superannuation
- generous leave provisions
- flexible work-life balance opportunities, with a 36.25 hour working week
- salary packaging
- career progression
- exposure to diverse teams of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of Queenslanders.
We welcome applications from all disciplines, particularly Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, Public Policy.
From time to time, we also recruit graduates from other specialist fields.
As a GRADStart candidate, you will have a drive to succeed, initiative, innovation and great analytical skills. You think strategically, communicate with influence, and are great with people. You will embody the public service values and put customers first; put ideas into action; unleash potential; be courageous; and empower people.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. New Zealand citizenship is also acceptable.