By choosing Nexia, you can be confident you are getting the support, development opportunities and hands-on experience necessary to build on your studies and sustain a successful career in...
By choosing Nexia, you can be confident you are getting the support, development opportunities and hands-on experience necessary to build on your studies and sustain a successful career in accounting; all while having fun and building a network of friends.
Nexia offers a comprehensive graduate program, including:
- Support through the completion of the CA programme – including financial funding of CA subjects, additional study support through PLS, and paid study and exam days;
- Mentoring and buddy systems;
- Lifelong learning, from on the job training to attending tailored workshops and seminars; and
- Continuous promotion opportunities and career guidance.
Graduates will commence in July 2018 and December 2018 to suit mid-year and end of year graduates.
A graduate position at Nexia provides you with the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a wide range of industry backgrounds, putting the knowledge and skills you have acquired to practice.
Our Audit Graduates will be responsible for completing auditing work and assisting managers, supervisors and seniors in meeting client's needs within time and budget requirements. Specifically, some of the tasks that you will complete include:
- assist the Senior or Supervisor as requested in programming field work and establishing files, contributing suggestions as appropriate;
- develop an understanding of the concepts of sampling, assist in the selection of items for audit testing, and complete work as instructed on appropriate sections;
- develop an understanding of corporate and financial reporting requirements;
- provide a high level of client service, including following through with commitments made and seeking to understand the client's business and commercial environment
This is an entry level role and previous work experience is not required.
To be considered for this role, you must have completed your university studies before December 2018, acquiring a degree majoring in accounting that gains you entry into the CA program.
In addition, you will:
- be an enthusiastic team player;
- exhibit excellent social and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- demonstrate a high standard of professional appearance and approach;
- be organised and take ownership over your responsibilities;
- have a positive, helpful and solution driven mindset;
- be enthusiastic and driven to succeed and develop in your career; and
- demonstrate an appropriate technical aptitude, including excellent attention to detail and a good understanding of numbers.