Starting your career in financial planning has never looked so great!
Our successful Financial Services team cater to a broad range of clients, assessing their financial health and selecting the right products and investments to structure a financial plan that suits their individual goals and life-stage.
We are looking for a 1st year university student who is excited about building a long-term career in financial planning at Nexia.
By choosing Nexia, you can be confident you are getting the support, development opportunities and hands-on experience necessary to build on your studies to kick start a successful career in financial planing; all while having fun and building a network of friends.
You will be working directly with our Financial Advisers, which will expose you to all elements of the financial planning process, learning how value can be added to ones’ personal situation through the advice that is provided.
Specifically, some of the tasks that you will be trained in and take ownership of include:
- Manage the ongoing client review process for your client base in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of client’s review appointment documentation and updating client portfolio information.
- Work with Financial Advisers to provide advice on clients’ investment portfolios, prepare Statements of Advice & identify different financial planning strategies that may be relevant to clients.
- Liaising with fund managers/platform providers/ ATO/ Centrelink/ financial institutions to provide the necessary correspondence to achieve client outcomes.
- Maintaining the integrity of our financial planning software to ensure client data is entered accurately into the system.
- Administrative tasks including: photocopying, scanning, binding reports, printing and completing application forms.
- Maintaining good relationships with fund managers and platform providers to ensure that client needs are projected and managed effectively.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, whilst providing services to clients outside the immediate scope of the assignment with a view to maximise client satisfaction.
This is a part time, entry level role and previous work experience is not required. To be considered for the role you must:
- have completed your year 12 HSC;
- be a current Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- have intermediate computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data entry.
In addition, you will
- be an enthusiastic team player with the drive to achieve a successful career in financial planning;
- exhibit excellent social and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- have a well-presented, professional and confident approach with clients and internal staff;
- be organised, take ownership over your responsibilities, and effectively work under pressure;
- ability to project manage own work;
- have a positive, helpful and solution driven mindset; and
- have excellent attention to detail.
Nexia represents a network of solutions focused accountancy and consulting firms in Australia and New Zealand supported by global links to Nexia International. We offer a full service accounting solution with experienced partners and an enthusiastic team. The Sydney office is based in Sydney's CBD with 19 partners and 130 staff.
Nexia has an innovative, skilled professional and planning approach where your personal development is a priority within the team environment. We have a strong culture of being Agile, Accessible and Advancing.
Here at Nexia we are also a very social firm with a wide range of events that fill the social calendar. This includes trivia nights, end of financial year parties and monthly drinks nights. We are also heavily involved in sports and the firm participates in mixed soccer, mixed basketball, City to Surf, corporate triathlons, CAANZ touch football days and firm golf days to name a few.
For more information, visit our website.
Nexia offers a comprehensive Cadetship, including;
- Reimbursement for books and university union fees
- Regular ongoing training – both internally and externally
- A vibrant atmosphere which balances work, rest and play