We are looking for highly driven, curious and innovative Graduates from all academic fields, who aren’t afraid to dream big and challenge the rules!
The MECCA Brands Graduate Program is an accelerated, all-access, 2-year journey through our fast-growing business and it's one of the paths through which we grow our future leaders. We are looking for highly driven, curious and innovative Graduates who aren't afraid to dream big and challenge the rules. Whatever your academic background, you will find opportunities within our Graduate program to drive change, innovate and go places!
Our Graduate program is a 2-year accelerated journey through our business, based out of our Support Centre in Melbourne. Through bespoke 6-month rotations in up to 4 different departments, you will be exposed to a curated mix of creative and business-oriented projects. You will also receive support, training and mentoring from a range of inspirational leaders at MECCA, including your coach and line manager in each rotation. At the conclusion of the program, you will be primed to stay on and hopefully become our future MECCA leaders and game changers.
Choose your future!
While your friends may be sitting in a stuffy corporate office doing repetitive work, at MECCA Brands you'll be going places! You could be…
- Designing our next generation of stores
- Developing new products
- Working on new brand launches
- Creating our next digital campaign
- Developing our next modules of leadership training
- Solving an inventory problem across a network of 100 stores
- Integrating and implementing new software throughout MECCA stores, the Support Centre or our warehouse
- Preparing a business case for a major investment
- Conceiving our next eCommerce feature
First class training & development
The first week of our Graduate program is dedicated to formal learning and development, to equip you with the skills to excel at MECCA Brands right from the start. We also provide you with a wide range of continual support and training throughout the program, including:
- Pairing you with a coach and buddy to mentor, guide and support you
- Workshops between rotations, with cross-functional Graduate team projects
- Regular presentations by inspiring speakers from all around the world
- Leadership, brand and core skills training
- All this in a non-conformist and evolving environment where ideas and innovation are valued from all team members.
Be part of Australia's #5 Best Place to Work
Okay, let's get real. As a Graduate, you're going to be spending around 40 hours each week at work. So why not make those 40 hours as inspiring, rewarding and fun as possible? That's exactly what we try to do each and every day here at MECCA. We build joy, hustle, celebration and fun into everyday life in our Support Centre. And we're so thrilled that we were officially crowned as the #5 Best Place to Work across all of Australia, making us the only retailer in the top 5 and placing us in the list for the fifth consecutive year!
Okay, we hear you - get to the good stuff! As one of our Graduates, you will receive:
- Unlimited 40% discount on all products sold in our stores
- A quarterly product allowance earned by spending time in our stores, in our distribution centre and at special events
- The opportunity to be involved in major events in the MECCA calendar, like MECCALAND and Melbourne Fashion Week
- Invitations to lunches with amazing speakers like Peggy O'Neal, Jane Tewson, Tiernan Brady, Dr Tererai Trent and Kristina Karlsson
- Consideration for our Jo Horgan values award program, which celebrates 3 lucky winners each year who are treated to a career enriching overseas development trip
- Complimentary yoga and group fitness sessions
- Regular social events, food trucks, ice-cream stalls and coffee carts (#melbourne)
Key dates for the 2020 Graduate program
- 11 February 2019 at 10:00 am – Applications open
- 22 March 2019 – Come meet us at the Big Meet in Melbourne
- 29 March 2019 at 4:00 pm – Applications close
- Mid April 2019 – If you are selected, complete our online questionnaire
- Late April/early May 2019 – If you make it to the next round, participate in our Graduate Recruitment Forum in Melbourne
- By mid-May 2019 – Offers made and finalised
- Summer of 2019/2020 – Graduates without previous experience in a MECCA store will join us from October 2019 as a Summer Store Host and spend the summer learning about our amazing customers and exclusive products
- Early February 2020 – Your whole Graduate cohort will start at our Support Centre in Richmond, Melbourne, with a dedicated induction program, followed by rotations through up to 4 of our departments over the course of 2 years