The WA Department of Health provides safe, high-quality health care to nearly 2.4 million Western Australians across almost 2.5 million square kilometres. We employ over 40,000 dedicated staff in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of the State to attend to the health needs of our growing population.
We are looking for innovative thinkers and self-motivated high achievers. Our graduates are clear communicators, able to work in a team, show aptitude, dedication and a commitment to learn and sharpen their skills. They are prepared to step up and be WA Health’s leaders of the future.
We offer four program streams designed to develop your skills based on your academic background, areas of expertise and personal interests.
The streams include:
- General Corporate: This stream offers 3x four-month placements in areas such as health system reform, strategic planning, policy development, project management, program development, public health and health promotion.
- Finance & Business: This stream offers 3x four-month placements in finance and business areas, as well as the additional opportunity to complete a number of funded units towards a professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA).
- Information Communication Technology (ICT): Graduates in this stream rotate through 3x four-month placements providing research, support and advice for information technology projects across the department.
- Data Analysis: Graduates in this stream will work with the WA Health Workforce Directorate, supporting workforce planning through the extraction, manipulation and analysis of workforce data.
With WA Health you’ll thrive working in a professional, public sector environment where your qualifications, skills and abilities will not only be appreciated but developed and supported. Our Program is designed to give graduates a head start in WA Health by placing significant emphasis on their personal and professional development. We offer:
- A 12 month paid contract with WA Health.
- Extensive professional development - training workshops, executive shadowing and career coaching.
- A fully-funded, industry recognised Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification.
- An opportunity to gain experience in a variety of areas across WA Health.
- Personal support networks - a dedicated program coordinator, supervisors at each placement, an experienced mentor and a buddy who is a past graduate of the program.
- The chance to make a difference to the lives of every single person in WA.