The Department of Finance is at the heart of the Western Australian public service. We collect the state’s taxes, oversee the construction and maintenance of government buildings, plan and deliver major projects and facilitate the purchasing of high value goods or services for government agencies.
The Department comprises six business units; Building Management & Works, State Revenue, Strategic Projects, Government Procurement, Corporate Services and Strategy and Coordination.
The Department employs approximately 1000 employees from multi-disciplinary backgrounds to deliver our broad portfolio of responsibilities.
The Department is sought out for its trusted advice and quality services to Government and its agencies. We achieve this through:
- Taking a strong collaborative and inclusive leadership approach in all we do
- Always having a whole of sector perspective
- Implementing practical solutions based on deep insights and understanding of issues
- Placing customers at the centre of service design and delivery
- Delivering innovative, affordable value-for-money outcomes
- Promoting a culture of inspired, inquisitive and capable people
We look for graduates who enjoy research and problem solving, work well in teams, show initiative and self-motivation, and have excellent writing skills.
We encourage our graduates to be proactive and open to the many career opportunities available throughout the Department. Every four months graduates will rotate through business areas, providing an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the Department’s varied business operations. Rotations are allocated based on business need, graduate qualifications and career interest.
Graduates are also supported by a comprehensive training and development program throughout the year, which helps to provide foundation skills for working in government.