Our 2018/19 Cadet Program is now open for applications and will be an exciting opportunity to embark your professional career.
There are many world-class accounting firms, however few offer a culture as rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfilment and long term growth as BDO. We are one of the leading full service audit, tax and advisory firms in the world, with almost 75,000 people working out of 1,500 offices in 162 countries.
At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery both internally and externally to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally in the early stages of your career.
Our service lines who are offering cadet opportunities are:
- Audit – Opportunities commencing in December 2018
- Tax – Opportunities commencing in December 2018
- Transfer Pricing – Opportunities commencing in December 2018
- Business Services – Opportunities commencing in December 2018
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
As a BDO cadet, you can work full time as a paid trainee accountant while completing your undergraduate degree part time. Our program allows you to put theory into practice by applying what you learn to real life client business situations. BDO understands that being the leader in exceptional client service begins -and ends- with exceptional regard for our people. As a result, we offer extensive support and advice not only through your induction, but throughout your career with us. You will be assigned a "buddy" on your first day so you will receive personal attention and dedicated accredited training programs through our National Learning & Development team.
We also offer a number of other employee benefits, including;
- Paid weekly study leave to attend university classes
- Yearly textbook allowance to support your studies
- Subsidised university administration fees
- Paid exam leave
- Fast track into the BDO graduate employment program upon completion of university
- Ample opportunities to network and build your profile at social events
DO YOU QUALIFY?
Successful BDO cadets demonstrate passion for exceptional client service, enthusiasm for growing strong client relationships and commitment to building your own professional capability. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for a cadet opportunity with BDO, you will need to meet the following requirements;
- Previous experience in customer service or administration (accounting or non-accounting related) is highly desirable but not essential
- Completed your HSC by the end of 2018
- Proven academic achievement via transcripts
- Intention to study a single major degree in accounting, commerce or business (accounting major) which allows you to be eligible to study the CA program
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
Applications will be received online and reviewed individually by our People & Culture team. Our process will involve a video interview, assessment centre, meet & greet event, and one-on-one interviews in our offices. Applicants will be notified after each stage if they have been successful for the next step in our process.
Applications will close 5PM 17th August 2018.