We are seeking graduate who is passionate and looking to start their career in Revenue Law within our dynamic practice.
BDO is a leading audit, tax and advisory firm, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients' needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2018 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradConnections and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
BDO's Indirect Tax practice has established itself as a major player within the local marketplace, advising many of Queensland's leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. Due to continued growth of the practice, we are looking to recruit a Graduate to join our team. We are seeking graduate who is passionate and looking to start their career in Revenue Law within our dynamic practice.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to:
- Develop technical expertise across a variety of indirect taxes including GST, fuel tax credit, stamp duty, payroll tax and luxury car tax.
- Provide advice on cutting edge indirect tax issues to a prestigious client base.
- Develop your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support.
- Be part of a collaborative team environment.
- Undertake relevant postgraduate study in accounting and/or law (including practical legal training).
Skills & Experience:
- To be considered for a position with us, you will have recently completed a Business (Accounting) and law degree
- Applicants must be Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian/NZ Permanent Residents
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently;
- Consistently strong written and verbal communication skills including thorough legal research skills;
- Enthusiasm and receptiveness to ongoing feedback and mentoring;
What we Offer:
Relationships, resources and responsiveness are the bedrock of our brand promise; and our commitment to delivering exceptional client service is what drives us - for every client - every day. We offer career development opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide.
We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.