Our corporate tax experts are experienced in advising on major transactions, providing opportunities for tax effective results and avoiding any pitfalls.
The BDO life
The BDO Brisbane office has been operating in Queensland for more than 100 years, with 58 Partners and 428 staff providing a full range of audit, tax and advisory services.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2018 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates and vacation students are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
We offer a number of additional benefits to our staff including Social Club and personalised support through our employee assistance program and our corporate wellness program, BWell. Whether its touch football, yoga, breakfast every morning or a networking function, we know how important socialising is to our staff so we ensure you receive plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues.
Our national L&OD programs will give you the best start in transitioning to professional life, and will provide you with the skills and confidence to develop exceptional client relationships and excel in your career.
About our Corporate Tax team
Our corporate tax experts are experienced in advising on major transactions, providing opportunities for tax effective results and avoiding any pitfalls. We combine our understanding of the transaction, the commercial and tax implications, and your desired outcomes to deliver results.
For more information on a Graduate experience in Corporate Tax and Progression from the beginning: My career in Corporate Tax at BDO
Our Corporate Tax Vacation Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Get hands on experience in a range of compliance obligations, including the preparation of income tax returns and work papers, fringe benefits tax returns, and other periodic lodgements.
- Advise our clients on contemporary international, corporate and structuring tax issues, and applying this advice to produce practical business outcomes.
- Help assist the Business Services Team with high end technical tax advice (ie) complex tax returns and tax effect accounting for companies, trusts, partnerships and expatriates.
- Develop your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
- Liaise with statutory bodies regarding client matters.
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support.
- Be part of a collaborative team environment.
We welcome students who:
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Are currently in their penultimate year of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Business (Accounting), Bachelor of Law or other equivalent or relevant single or dual undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Display solid academic achievement
- Are a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development
- Consistently strong written and verbal communication skills including thorough legal research skills
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a video interview
- Successful applicants after the video interview will then be invited to attend an assessment centre in the BDO Brisbane office.
How to apply
To submit your application for the BDO Corporate Tax Vacation Program, please click on the Apply Now button below. Applications open on Monday, 30 July 2018 and close 5pm on Friday, 24 August 2018.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!