We are seeking a graduate who is passionate and looking to start their career in Corporate Tax within our dynamic practice.
BDO is a leading audit, tax and advisory firm, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients' needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2018 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradConnections and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
BDO's Corporate Tax practice has established itself as a major player within the local marketplace, advising many of Queensland's leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. Due to continued growth of the practice, we are looking to recruit a Graduate to join our team. We are seeking a graduate who is passionate and looking to start their career in Corporate Tax within our dynamic practice.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to:
- Completing complex tax returns and tax effect accounting for companies, trusts, partnerships and expatriates.
- Finalisation of accounts prepared by the firm's clients.
- Completion of fringe benefits tax returns.
- Develop your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support.
- Be part of a collaborative team environment.
- Undertake relevant postgraduate study in accounting.
- Preparation of income tax returns and work papers.
- Preparation of tax effect accounting calculations.
- Undertaking tax due diligence assignments.
- Liaise with the ATO regarding client matters.
Skills & Experience:
- To be considered for a position with us, you will be in your final year (or recently completed) a Business or Commerce degree, majoring in Accounting
- Applicants must be Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian/NZ Permanent Residents
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently;
- Consistently strong written and verbal communication skills including thorough legal research skills;
- Enthusiasm and receptiveness to ongoing feedback and mentoring;
What we Offer:
Relationships, resources and responsiveness are the bedrock of our brand promise; and our commitment to delivering exceptional client service is what drives us - for every client - every day. We offer career development opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide.
We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.