Our Audit teams build strong, personal relationships with clients, allowing them to gain a deep understanding of their business and what matters.
The BDO life
The BDO Brisbane office has been operating in Queensland for more than 100 years, with 58 Partners and 428 staff providing a full range of audit, tax and advisory services.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2018 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates and vacation students are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
We offer a number of additional benefits to our staff including Social Club and personalised support through our employee assistance program and our corporate wellness program, BWell. Whether its touch football, yoga, breakfast every morning or a networking function, we know how important socialising is to our staff so we ensure you receive plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues.
Our national L&OD programs will give you the best start in transitioning to professional life, and will provide you with the skills and confidence to develop exceptional client relationships and excel in your career.
About our Audit team
Every engagement provides a unique opportunity to identify ways to add value to your business by improving internal controls and business systems. Our insights go beyond the profit and loss statement, and balance sheet.
Our Audit teams build strong, personal relationships with clients, allowing them to gain a deep understanding of their business and what matters. Knowledge gained from these relationships, and the application of our international audit methodology, mean our auditing specialists achieve exceptional rigour in financial analysis and advisory.
For more information on what's it's like working in Audit including Getting through the busy season as an Audit graduate and Client work and constant learning during my career in Audit
Our Audit Vacation Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Go out on client sites from day one
- Get to know our Audit team and the clients they're all currently working on
- Audit a mix of large and small clients, both public and private
- Develop your knowledge and skills on all things Audit
- Develop your client relationship skills through dealing directly with clients
- Receive excellent mentoring and support over your Vacation program period
We welcome students who:
- Are able to interact with all types of clients and people
- Are currently in their penultimate year of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Business (Accounting) or other equivalent or relevant single or dual undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Display solid academic achievement
- Are a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Possess fantastic communication and interpersonal skills
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Are a dynamic team player with an innovative approach to work and life
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development.
- Like to be out of the office changing location as no Audit day is ever the same!
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a video interview
- Successful applicants after the video interview will then be invited to attend an assessment centre in the BDO Brisbane office.
How to apply
To submit your application for the BDO Audit Vacation Program, please click on the Apply Now button below. Applications open on Monday, 30 July 2018 and close 5pm on Friday, 24 August 2018.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!